The COVID-19 Pandemic
Beyond the Lines
Create a timeline to show how COVID-19 has spread since it was first discovered in December in China.
How to Make a Timeline #readalong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=842mEdbuTJs [1:14]
Interactive online timeline generators: http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/student-interactives/t... and https://time.graphics/
1. Find COVID-19 updates on the World Health Organization’s website at www.who.int/
2. View a timeline of the pandemic at https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-pandemic-timeline-history-ma...
COVID-19 and the Economy
1. Watch ‘How Does the Stock Market Work? at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7HKvqRI_Bo [4:29].
2. Learn more about GDP by watching ‘What is GDP’ at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBqWRayc1kE [1:46].
3. Find out more about the causes of recessions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwaCg7Gwtzw [5:04]
Beyond the Lines
Create an infographic using one of the templates from Canva, found at http://www.canva.com
1. Watch ‘How soap kills coronavirus’ at https://youtu.be/-LKVUarhtvE [3:44]. Then, check out the ‘Wash Your Lyrics’ app at https://washyourlyrics.com/
2. Listen to The Germ Guy (Microbiologist Jason Tetro) talk about the symptoms and possible treatments of COVID-19 at https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1711476291817 [9:32] audio
3. Learn more about ‘flattening the curve’ at https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?iti...
4. Check out these helpful charts:
Cold, flu, or COVID-19? https://i.cbc.ca/1.5495357.1584032407!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen...
Self-isolation guide: https://i.cbc.ca/1.5496099.1584053025!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen...
5. Explore common COVID-19 questions and answers at
6. Find out more about viruses by watching ‘What is a Virus?’ at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7vsBgWszI [4:21]