U.S. Immigration Policies Under Fire
1. Learn more about refugee admissions on the U.S. Department of State website athttps://www.state.gov/refugee-admissions/
2. Read ‘U.S. System for Refugees, Asylum Seekers Explained’ on the NBC website athttp://www.nbcnews.com/id/43442030/ns/us_news-life/t/us-system-refugee-a...
3. Watch ‘Inside Immigration Detention’ to find out more about the U.S. immigrant detention system athttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-ljkB1TJE [16:55]
1. View the WHO fact sheet for Ebola at http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/
2. Find out more about Ebola on the BBC website at http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26835233
3. Learn about Doctors Without Borders, the non-governmental organization working in DR Congo on the frontlines of the Ebola outbreak, and how this organization is helping at https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/ebola-outbreak-democratic-republic...
4. Find out more about DR Congo at https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-13283212
1. Find out more about 5G technology at https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44871448.
2. Watch a short video by the federal government explaining 5G technology athttp://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/069.nsf/eng/00072.html [1:19]
3. Learn about Huawei and why Canada is considering banning this telecommunications company based in China from operating a 5G network in Canada athttps://business.financialpost.com/telecom/huawei-likely-faces-5g-ban-in...
My students enjoy the What in the World? articles and will frequently nag me for the next issue before it has arrived!