News4Youth is a photocopiable current events resource for students ages 10 and up (Level 1) and ages 13 and up (Level 2). Designed to enhance students' understanding of and interest in current international events and issues, this publication addresses numerous curriculum outcomes while saving teachers valuable time.
Published eight times a year, each issue focuses on recent top news stories and includes:
- Three news articles, written at a level students can understand;
- Relevant background information to enhance understanding of each event or issue;
- On-the-line, between-the-line, and beyond-the-line questions;
- Analyzing a political cartoon assignment;
- Examining a news photo assignment;
- Map assignment;
- Answer key.
A full-year subscription costs $100 USD. Subscribers receive one copy of each issue which they may copy for use by all teachers and students within one school. Alternatively, teachers may choose to copy one class set, or to duplicate the resource onto overheads.
Subscriptions are delivered via Internet download. Subscribers receive an email when a new issue is available. This email includes a password to open the PDF and Word files. This email can be easily shared with all other teachers in the same school. Teachers can access the PDF/Word files from any computer that is connected to the Internet. Teachers can also modify the Word file to suit the needs of students.